Habits & Consistency
Transform your habits. Meet your goals.
- Too busy for anything new?
- Value flexibility & control over your schedule?
- Believe you can't fit exercise into your life?
- Struggle to make time for yourself?
- Hold barriers that prevent you improving your fitness?
- Give everything you do your all?
- Crave a change to help your body & mind?
This was me. This was me for so long. This was me until I stepped back and re-evaluated the fitness advice I'd had. I work across two industries and volunteer as a Trustee for a local charity. I am a perfectionist. I am busy. For my fitness routines to succeed they must consider me, my lifestyle and my responsibilities.
I'm a personal trainer with a desk job. I don't have a gym membership. I don't prioritise training over everything else. I am the imperfect PT... but I get my training in. I make progress and I enjoy balance in my life. Movement is a complementary area of my routine not a burden. I would love for everyone to delight in movement, no matter their roles & responsibilities outside of training.
When we are busy we often rely on motivation to see us through. We've all had a fitness kick... which promptly turns into another time we weren't able to 'stick at it'. Fitness kicks are rarely backed up by planning for when the motivation runs out. Discipline can pick up the slack for a little while... but even then that takes mental energy and we can fall off the bandwagon.
Think of a bad habit you have. How hard is it to change that bad habit? Habits are powerful. They dictate the majority of our daily behaviours. If we can understand and modify our habits we can have this powerful behavioural shortcut on our side.
How does Habits & Consistency work?
How does a 4 week course transform your routines? It doesn't. It transforms you.
The course has three parts:
- The Theory: Once we understand the why behind our behaviour we can make positive changes that last. We are all human, so the path to habits & consistency that serve us is never a straight line. Knowing the science means we can re-group, re-plan and re-start... but each time we start we are building that consistency back up and ingraining that habit even further!
- The Two Minute Rounds: The goal of this course is not primarily a fitness goal. It's an identity goal. It relies on building your identity as the kind of person who shows up to move. That is where the two minute rounds come in. Habits & Consistency helps you build the habit of showing up to move consistently. We focus on the process. We focus on getting you there every time. There is a reason they say showing up is the hardest part!
- The Five Workouts: These are the accessory piece. Once you've turned up it's up to you what happens next. The Two Minute Rounds get you to turn up and move. You've succeeded! Once you are there if you want some extra then that's where the Five Workouts come in. Five themes, all approximately 20 minutes. You pick the one which best suits you that day.
That sounds amazing! But what if I struggle even then?
At the beginning of the course you get a scheduling call with Seonaidh. She'll help you work through the big barriers that come to mind. You'll get personalised support to plan your Two Minute Rounds.
You are not in this alone, we have a Facebook Group which you are encouraged to join. Being part of a community makes big changes feel more achievable. Fitness & Mindset - Cherry Tree Training is a community of people just like you. Join in, say hello & ask all the questions in the world!
Get started now!
Seonaidh is the owner and founder of Cherry Tree Training. Working across two exciting industries she brings energy and enthusiasm into her varied roles.
Seonaidh is a personal trainer with a desk job. Working 3 days a week as a project manager for RSPB, she understands the realities of desk life and physically demanding outdoor roles.
This juxtaposition of intense activity and sedentary life lead her to create her Corporate offers and train as a Manual Handling Trainer. Taking the same body to work means we must care for our body at work so it can do it's 'out of work' jobs.
As well as her corporate world work, she has taken dozens of people through their initial steps into fitness and up to training challenging movements and skills. She has worked in the fitness industry for 9 years and has a comprehensive approach supporting your mindset, body and schedule through your fitness journey.
Before establishing Cherry Tree Training in 2018, Seonaidh volunteered her time to support a small local charity - Calder Rivers Trust. To ensure her on-going ability to support this organisation 20% of Cherry Tree Training's time will be spent on Calder Rivers Trust.
If you'd like to know more then drop Seonaidh a message, she's always happy to hear from new people!
Seonaidh Jamieson BSc, PGCert is a Level 3 Personal Trainer, with additional qualifications in Sports Physiology and Flexibility Training for Aerialists, is a certified mobility instructor with Bodyweight Gurus, and has qualifications in Pole Fitness instruction.
Upcoming assessments - Spin City Pole Intermediate Pole Instruction
Frequently Asked Questions
Make those dreams a reality by tweaking your habits.